Poissy Processional- 1 min
Poissy Processional is a website which examines a late Gothic, French processional (c. 1450-1500), which was probably held by the aristocratic, Dominican convent of Saint-Louis at Poissy.
- Personal Contributions
- Met with History of Art doctoral candidate Nava Streiter and various staff in the Bryn Mawr College Special Collections Department to fulfill client needs
- Worked with another programmer to set up a Wordpress website, train the client to use the platform
- Awarded the Delaware Valley Medieval Association Digital Projects Prize
- Gave a technical talk about the design and development process to the Delaware Valley Medieval Association
Initially, the client presented me with the following requirements:
- A digitization of a Gothic Latin text available online that retains the experience of handling the physical object
- A website that is maintainable by individuals of low technical ability
After my initial meeting with the client, I determined that Wordpress was the best platform to host static information. Its interface made it easy for the client to add and edit content and make minor changes to the site design. I also found and presented the Turn.js API to create the page-turning effect the client requested.